Friday 8 January 2010

stereotyped

so it's a bit chilly outside

enough to freeze most windows

the scraping of ice from a car would not be considered ridiculous in these conditions

so after scraping my car this morning i headed off to work

08:27 on my car clock as i was approaching my place of employment when my pager went off

i start work at 08:30

upon entering the building i sought out the source of my page and was told that a person i had never met or heard of had called up asking for me by name

as i was standing there the phone rang and this person called again

apparently it was one of the kitchen staff looking to ask me a question about their home computer before they came into work

as an it support person for a number of years i know that people often look for help and advice at work when they have trouble at home

but being paged outside of office hours to take a phone call from someone to whom i owe or seek no favours is a bit much

i mean there are businesses even in this region that offer it help and support

if its really such a desperate emergency then grab the yellow pages

all things considered its not the worst thing that could have happened this morning but man did it aggrovate me

and now i have to continue with my normal working day

wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment