Thursday 11 February 2010

qualified

changes to a number of aspects of my employment have caused more than a few ripples in the pond of life

the idea was that people who were doing the same job got given the same title and paid roughly the same amount of money

a person who has exactly the same job as me no more than 20 miles away is earning almost £3000 more than me per year

you cant expect me to believe that is because he holds an HNC and i do not

so im going on a course to get a bit of paper saying that i can in fact do the job that i do every day in order to hopefully get paid more money for doing the job that i do every day

i suspect the accumulation of these bits of paper will now be an ongoing process

1 comment:

  1. That's why I flat out refused to even entertain the idea of a photography course for a long time. Why should a piece of paper dictate a person's ability when surely nothing should count more than experience?

    I've spoken to a few people who have completed photography courses and I have to see I was completely underwhelmed by their work.

    ReplyDelete