Friday 30 October 2009

home

the concept of home is a recurring point of ponderance for me

i moved house a few times in my primary school years and i feel that it gave me a perspective that many people lack about how the world exists in a series of communities

we eventually settled in the town where i went through all of high school and eventually left to go to university

i never liked this town

my parents and much of family have settled here and seem to be happy enough but i always knew i had to get away

and i did

twice

but im still here

if home is where we go when we have nothing else then this is my home

but if home is a place where you feel you belong then it is not

1 comment:

  1. I think home is somewhere that makes you feel different (in a good way) than other places. Having just moved home after 8 years away, I'm not saying all is rosey here, but I feel like I belong to the place. Not necessarily I fit in with the people, but the place is special. Makes me happy, and I think it's the most beautiful place in the world. It's where I want to have my family. I feel safe here.
    That's what home is to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete